Ready to ‘Drone’ Out Your Roofing Worries?
September 02, 2020
We’ll Help You Nail Down Peace of Mind
When was the last time you had your roof inspected?
If you can’t remember, you’re not alone. When it comes to their roofs, I meant this one with the best roofing service, many homeowners believe that out of sight means out of mind. Unfortunately, this mindset can cost you—big time!
A better strategy is to make regular roof inspections with Blue Ribbon Roofing a priority. Regular residential roof inspections are the key to preserving the structural integrity and safety of your property. Plus, they’re easily your best defense against unexpected roof damage expenses or costly repairs.
No matter what type of roof you have, an inspection by a trained professional is crucial. This ensures you have all of the information you need to make smart decisions about your roof. Plus, they’re the best defense against:
- Weathering & aging: Experts from a top Seattle siding company the KV construction says that all roofs undergo weathering and aging. Unfortunately, weathered areas are susceptible to cracks or holes, which leads to water infiltration and can cause serious damage to your home.
- Needed improvements: Regular inspections highlight the need for roof repairs or structural improvements. But, it will need Saint Johns roofing contractor for the best roofing services.
- Ensures proper drainage: Leaves, trash, debris and other objects can clog or obstruct effective drainage of a roof. Poor drainage leads to standing water conditions, increasing the risk of leaks or serious water damage. It also accelerates deterioration of roofing materials, leading to a shorter life of the entire roof assembly. Regular inspections remove these hazards, certifying your roof will continue to drain properly.
- Prevents vegetation damage: Vegetation can grow on roofs when gutters and other low areas are not cleaned regularly. Birds land and nest on roofs. They also deposit seeds, which promote the growth of vegetation. A further problem with vegetation growth is that roots can penetrate through the roof and create leakage. Root damage to roofs from vegetation can be significant and pervasive. Regular inspections can help draw an owner’s attention to a budding problem before further damage is done.
When Should I Schedule a Roof Inspection?
According to the National Roofing Contractors Association, you should have your roof inspected twice a year: once after the coldest weather and once after the hottest weather.
But that’s not all. Scheduling a roof inspection is wise:
- After any major weather event: High winds, hail, a heavy snowfall or a major rainstorm can damage your roof, leading to the need for an emergency repair or a roof replacement. Inspecting your roof after severe weather will call attention to any damage, preventing a manageable problem from turning into a major catastrophe.
- Upon completion of work by tradespeople: Have you had work done on your home, such as having an HVAC system or ductwork installed? Schedule a roof inspection and make a call to experts around Sherman Oaks, CA for all HVAC works. From failing to clean up their debris to not closing mechanical access panels on your roof, an inspection protects your roof from damage caused by human error.
- Leak or damage is identified: Leaks after heavy rain are the primary trigger for most inspections. But a leak is only symptomatic of a problem that may have been building for some time. In some cases, if you’re looking for a silver lining, a leak is actually good news. That’s because, without evidence of a roof leak, a festering problem of undetected moisture infiltration may continue to create unseen deterioration, such as rotting wood, mold, wet insulation or corrosion.
- Warranty repairs: Roof damage can be caused by many factors. However, only some damages are covered under a roof warranty. If you detect roof damage, schedule an inspection with Blue Ribbon. We’ll determine whether or not you’re eligible to move forward with an insurance claim. Plus, as an insured roofing contractor, we are well versed in filing an insurance claim and have the experience and integrity to guide you through the entire process. You can count on us to be there for you every step of the way.
We’ll Help You Stay on Top of Your Roof’s Needs
Failing to take care of your roof is a mistake you don’t want hanging over your head. At Blue Ribbon, we make it easy to take care of your roof by performing drone-based residential roof inspections, which is the safer, more efficient alternative to manual roof inspections.
Using a drone offers accuracy, safety and speed. That’s because drone mapping allows us to capture your entire roof in high-resolution detail—gathering precise, comprehensive data without ever stepping foot on your roof. This method protects your roof from damage and our certified roof inspectors from harm.
To schedule a residential roof inspection with Fayetteville’s certified roof inspectors, fill out our online form or call us at 910.483.7663 today!